Date:- 5 June, 2016
Tag:- IMMUNOSCORE® in Colon Cancer
- Dr. Jérôme GALON presented today positive results from the Immunoscore® study, an international initiative led by the SITC.
- Immunoscore® predicts Time To Recurrence (TTR), Disease Free Survival (DFS) and Overall Survival (OS) among stage I-III Colon Cancer patients.
- Immunoscore® classification identified a subgroup of high-risk stage II patients that could potentially benefit from adjuvant chemotherapy.
Marseille, France, June 05, 2016 – HalioDx SAS, an immuno-oncology diagnostic company, today announced key data assessing the performance of Immunoscore® in stage I/II/III colon cancer. These results are issued from a study conducted by the Immunoscore® worldwide consortium, led by the Society for Immunotherapy of Cancer (SITC) involving 23 pathology centers from 17 countries, where more than 3,800 patient samples were evaluated. Results have been presented at ASCO 2016 by Dr Jérôme GALON, Research Director at Inserm, Head of the laboratory of Integrative Cancer Immunology, Paris, France and principal investigator of the study.
Highlights of the presentation entitled “Validation of the Immunoscore® as a prognostic marker in stage I/II/III colon cancer” were:
- Primary endpoint of the worldwide Immunoscore® study has been reached, with significantly longer TTR for patients classified as Immunoscore-High.
- Immunoscore® was also able to predict DFS and OS among stage I-III colon cancer patients, and was significant in multivariate analysis. In addition, the Immunoscore® classification identified a subgroup of high-risk stage II patients, as TTR was also significantly longer in Immunoscore-High compared with Immunoscore-Low stage II colon cancer patients (n=1433) (HR (95% CI), .36 (.23-.56), p<.0001).
Jérôme GALON underlined: “In the era of oncology, notably in immunotherapy, it is now essential to classify cancer patients based on immune parameters. The results of this study conducted by an international consortium has the potential to drive the implementation of the Immunoscore® as a new component for the classification of cancer, designated as TNM-I (TNM-Immune)”.
Vincent FERT, CEO of HalioDx added “These outstanding results, thanks to the collective effort and leadership of the SITC organization, represent a crucial milestone in the paradigm shift to empower the immune system to fight cancers. The data demonstrate also that Immunoscore® is a highly robust and accurate assay that can be implemented in the routine settings of pathology laboratories. HalioDx is committed to develop Immunoscore® as a standardized, globally available, diagnostic assay for guiding therapeutic decisions in colon cancer.”
- See abstract: http://abstract.asco.org/176/AbstView_176_168666.html
- See SITC press release: http://www.sitcancer.org/UserFiles/ImmunoscorePressRelease-Final.pdf